Sunday, August 7, 2011

Long Suffering

"Like the wounded oyster, he mends his shell with pearl." Ralph Waldo Emerson


This is where bitterness is transformed into betterness. This is where rejection is changed into a trajectory forward. This is where another 'no' is one step closer to the 'yes' we are in search of. This is where forgiveness over comes harm and love convers a multitude of sins. Long suffering. Patient. Kind.

The so-called fortunate woman is one who relies on her instincts and simply does not act where she should, but waits, and with out effort acts when the time is right.

So I say to you, everyone is born with a genius. Right? The struggle to determine exactly what mine is continually eludes me. According to Emerson, that genius has been assigned to each of us. But many of us rarely ever really pause to discover it deeply and the apply the other necessary ingredient. And that is drill -- practice. That is pursuing your niche. That is unveiling you uniqueness. Finding my voice and learning how to vocalize it -- not like everbody else, but MY way.

Sometimes that means swimming upstream, going against the flow


In the never-ending search to achieve greatness, I've encountered a lot of "No's." But, I certainly didn't pick an easy mountain to climb. Since I was a child, I've dreamed of becoming something to remember. My passion is journalism. To me, it is a service. Being the watch dog, the informer, the ever watchful eye for corruption.

But in order to be great you have to try. When you try, you often fail. But if you never try -- then you never get anywhere.

When I graduated from college, it took me nearly six months to find someone who would pay me to do what I loved. Had I given up a month in, I wouldn't be getting paid the meager salary I get now. But, every day I am a part of the nation's blood flow. The news gives me a feeling of intimatcy with my community. Although the apathy for death I notice in myself can be disturbing...I try to put on a pair of fresh eyes and feel the impact of the stories I tell.

In case you were wondering...that's why I do what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment