Monday, February 4, 2013

Man Food.

Men are hungry creatures.  

Macaroni & Cheese stuffed meatloaf...wrapped in bacon. 
Despite the modern day stigma women place on cooking (heaven forbid the career driven female might also be able to cook a man a damn good meal) I believe being able to appeal to all his senses is important. That being said, I cook a mean meatloaf. Forget barefoot in the kitchen, I prepare delectable dinner time treats in a pair of 4' stilettos. 

So for your enjoyment, here is this amazing recipe for macaroni and cheese stuffed meatloaf wrapped in bacon. I served this with a side of asparagus marinated in olive oil, apple cider vinegar and shallots. It's a perfect light side dish to accompany anything wrapped in bacon. 
I promise you, any man young or old will LOVE this dish. 



To make macaroni and cheese...

2 tbs Butter 
2 tbs Flour
2 cups Shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar and Parmesan) 
1 egg whisked 
1 cup milk or half&half
1 bag cooked elbow noodles 

Melt the butter and flour in a saucepan, careful not to burn.  Once that is cooked together turn heat down med/low and slowly pour in milk. I usually just eyeball it with amount. 2 cups maybe. Stir well and continuously. Whisk one egg in another bowl. Take about 1/2 of milk mixture and stir into egg. Slowly pour in milk mixture. Add 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Stir continuously. Add a little salt and pepper. Add in drained macaroni. 

For meatloaf....

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 cup italian breadcrumbs
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 onion diced and sauteed 
1 egg
5-7 slices bacon 

Chop the onions and saute in butter until soft, not browned. Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl. You will get messy. 
Take the bacon and lay the pieces into a large glass loaf pan. Lay in a layer of meatloaf making sure to build up the sides. Spoon in a large amount of the macaroni and cheese. Seal the mixture in with the rest of the meatloaf. Wrap bacon over the top. Cook for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Enjoy! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I admire your moxie in repeating your blog post. Now that I know of your blog I intend to read it often.

    But I disagree with your promise that any man young or old will love that meat loaf. Everything about it sounds delicious, and the side dish sounds tasty, but some of us just don't like mac and cheese.

    Good luck with both your blog and your career. You have a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are something else lady! I'd love my meatloaf served to me in 4" heels. Hope you're back working soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. My wife is going to make it for me in the 4" heels.

    I pray everything works out for you. I truly think it is crazy that you were let go over something so petty.

    ReplyDelete